No announcement yet.

Let's see the Firearms!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suggest we do a "meet and waste ammo" at the Taupo range (entry fee $2.00) and have some fun.

Comment

• That sounds like a plan to me. I didn't even know Taupo had a range.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
        Got to go Possum potting on the weekend. We've clearly made a dent in the population at my fathers farm. Last time we got 30. This time just 10. PS90 is still a little laser beam. Crosshairs between the red eyes and pop, no more possum.

Biggest hassle I had was my headlamp dying without any warning.
        I think the PID controller on these mega lumen torches does that. Either over heat or low amps

Taupo has a very descent range. Entry fee might be a little higher these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Te Zorro View Post
          I think, TK, you need to stop being a bitch of the AR system and get yourself a VZ58.
          As much as I like the Vz58, it's inherent in the design of the dust cover that it's not a stable platform for add-on optics without the use of the side-mount rail like the AK (plus the whole "right side bolt handle"). That's not to say AR's are without fault, I've seen a fair few people piss money into building a grand design only for it to be a complete mess of failures.

On the other hand, I've got a few that work great

Comment

• Optics are for people who don't like to get up close and personal with the cans they're killin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by primer View Post

Taupo has a very descent range. Entry fee might be a little higher these days.
              Yeah I double-checked. It's $5 these days. Total rip-off!!!

Comment

• The loal range (Tiritea rod and rifle club) used to have an honesty box and a $5 a head charge. Only out to 100m but as the only local range it was practical. Now they lock the gate and you must be a club member to get the combo. I may get around to joining if I can be bothered. I spend about half the year at least in Waiouru where we can book ranges and training area for recreational use when not in use for work activities.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Lerch;n364853]

As much as I like the Vz58, it's inherent in the design of the dust cover that it's not a stable platform for add-on optics without the use of the side-mount rail like the AK (plus the whole "right side bolt handle"). That's not to say AR's are without fault, I've seen a fair few people piss money into building a grand design only for it to be a complete mess of failures.

I like your ponytail.

Originally posted by Te Zorro View Post
                  Optics are for people who don't like to get up close and personal with the cans they're killin'.
                  Steel or aluminum?

Comment

• Originally posted by t3ngu View Post
                    I like your ponytail.
                    Quit staring

Before and after, my current project. A 1964 dated Winchester Model 94 in 30-30.
                    Just need a mag cap screw to finish it up.

Comment

• Nice! That's a fantastic restore job!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                        Nice! That's a fantastic restore job!
                        Cheers, I stopped at the range and put some rounds through it (by hand, because the magazine is not assembled yet). Everything worked perfectly, and while I've still gotta tinker with the sights I did hit the gong once

Comment

• [QUOTE=t3ngu;n365808]
                          Originally posted by Lerch View Post

I like your ponytail.

Steel or aluminum?

Forgot who makes this rail, but it was a game changer for me on the AK. I have the same setup on all three of mine. If it wasn't for the muscle memory with the AR platform, I might possibly have switched over.

P.S. This is one of my own pics, but apparently loss the original while fussing around on the internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerch View Post

Cheers, I stopped at the range and put some rounds through it (by hand, because the magazine is not assembled yet). Everything worked perfectly, and while I've still gotta tinker with the sights I did hit the gong once
                            Indeed, a nice job. Always wanted one of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by t3ngu View Post

Indeed, a nice job. Always wanted one of those.
                              A high tech lever-of-death-assault-rifle with the patented shoulder-thing that goes up and down? Surely not in Australia!

Comment

• Wish denied

Comment

Working...
                                X