No announcement yet.

Let's see the Firearms!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noice! Time to reapply the cammo on the pistol grip? I know my PS90 paintjob is looking battered as hell.

Comment

• Spent an exorbitant amount of money on a teeny weeny Browning X-Bolt Trigger Spring Kit made in USA.
      It works

beautifully
      though.
      Now has a sensitive glass break and only 2 lbs instead of the lawyer proof 4.

Comment

• Going to my dad's farm this weekend. Possums, rabbits, quail and pheasants are on the target list.

Comment

• Originally posted by primer View Post
          Spent an exorbitant amount of money on a teeny weeny Browning X-Bolt Trigger Spring Kit made in USA.
          It works

beautifully
          though.
          Now has a sensitive glass break and only 2 lbs instead of the lawyer proof 4.
          Sounds like the Timney trigger I got with my Savage, 2lb break, zero take-up. My better half always forgets how light it is and pulls her first round 😂

Comment

• Its still the old Browning trigger with no after travel. A Timney would be better but this will suffice.

The old trigger created its own element of surprise. Not precisely sure when it would break,

At that heavy weight sensitivity is lost and any slight jerk with no after travel to compensate for a slight pull, a real accuracy destroyer.
            In a hunting situation , creating a pause for consciously going through trigger procedure unless subconsciously preconditioned by boxes of muscle memory developing range time and dry firing.

The original trigger, yes its very clean like the advertising says but Its very replaceable.

Comment

• Torch fitted to the PS90 for possum hunting this weekend.

Comment

• *sigh* I'm very jealous...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                  Torch fitted to the PS90 for possum hunting this weekend.
                  Its good to see you have conservation in mind and assisting with the destruction of pests as well as being safety conscious. I need to get can for the AK, last time I took that out bowling rabbits and possums it did the job but the 74 brake was punishing to everyone around me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerch View Post
                    *sigh* I'm very jealous...
                    x2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by gafkiwi View Post
                      Its good to see you have conservation in mind and assisting with the destruction of pests as well as being safety conscious. I need to get can for the AK, last time I took that out bowling rabbits and possums it did the job but the 74 brake was punishing to everyone around me.
                      Interesting. I couldn't imagine possum plinking with my AR. I'd be worried about where the rounds would land. With the .22 I have to take care to ensure that anything I fire goes north towards the empty ridgeline and that has about 2-3km of free space behind it.

Comment

• Might not be little and cool like a PS90, but I started fleshing out my M1 Super 90 with a mag extension and sling. Oversized bolt release next.

Comment

• Going mag extension shopping today with my mate for his Benelli. That should be 'fun'. All I wanted to do was to grab some more .22 ammo.

Shotgunners speak some weird foreign language to my mind.

Comment

Going mag extension shopping today with my mate for his Benelli. That should be 'fun'. All I wanted to do was to grab some more .22 ammo.

Man I'm still trying to learn about chokes, my M1 is the first one I've had threaded for them.

Comment

Interesting. I couldn't imagine possum plinking with my AR. I'd be worried about where the rounds would land. With the .22 I have to take care to ensure that anything I fire goes north towards the empty ridgeline and that has about 2-3km of free space behind it.
                              When you have recreational use of the Waiouru training area bullet catchment is pretty well catered for so long as you keep them in the zone you have booked.

Comment

Going mag extension shopping today with my mate for his Benelli. That should be 'fun'. All I wanted to do was to grab some more .22 ammo.

Yeah, they tend to Sh*t bricks when they see what we put our M3 Benelli's through, especially breaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X