Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's see the Firearms!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oh and duh, forgot to say what it is. Windham Weaponry SRC-308. As in chambered for a mans caliber and not your puny 5.56 :P (j/k, I still <3 all my 5.56 ARs)

    Yep, here I'll just copy some of my post on ar15.com of what I've done (thus far):

    -Swapped out commercial spec for mil-spec receiver extension tube,

    -Wearing Magpul OD-green furniture
    -CMC 3.5lb trigger
    -Radian Weapons AR-10 ambi charging handle
    -Primary Arms 5x Prism Scope on a MI quick detach ACOG mount
    -Bushnell TRS-25 red dot on a Weaver offset rail
    -Streamlight HL 3 in a Leapers/UTG mlok flashlight mount
    -Limb Saver recoil pad for magpul stocks
    -Odin Works XMR 3 extended mag release (FDE)

    and lastly added a Kaw Valley Precision 5.6 oz AR-10 buffer (2.5" of course). Have yet to shoot with this new heavier buffer, but hoping it takes a little edge off the recoil vs the standard 3.7oz buffer... If it causes me problems, I'll swap back to the original.

    Comment


    • One of these days I'll add an AR10 to my stable



      Picked up a new Boyds stock for my Savage. Painted it and fitted it for the bottom metal and heavy barrel.



      And now it's happily on my cabinet.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by KillerBD View Post
        Oh and duh, forgot to say what it is. Windham Weaponry SRC-308. As in chambered for a mans caliber and not your puny 5.56 :P (j/k, I still <3 all my 5.56 ARs)

        Yep, here I'll just copy some of my post on ar15.com of what I've done (thus far):

        -Swapped out commercial spec for mil-spec receiver extension tube,

        -Wearing Magpul OD-green furniture
        -CMC 3.5lb trigger
        -Radian Weapons AR-10 ambi charging handle
        -Primary Arms 5x Prism Scope on a MI quick detach ACOG mount
        -Bushnell TRS-25 red dot on a Weaver offset rail
        -Streamlight HL 3 in a Leapers/UTG mlok flashlight mount
        -Limb Saver recoil pad for magpul stocks
        -Odin Works XMR 3 extended mag release (FDE)

        and lastly added a Kaw Valley Precision 5.6 oz AR-10 buffer (2.5" of course). Have yet to shoot with this new heavier buffer, but hoping it takes a little edge off the recoil vs the standard 3.7oz buffer... If it causes me problems, I'll swap back to the original.
        Is that a 25rd mag? lt may just look longer to me because its on a carbine.

        Comment


        • ^Yes it is. They work and don't break the bank, looked at some Lancer .308 mags but they cost more than double for the same capacity...

          Comment


          • A lonely AUG enjoying some fine weather after getting her "nails" done

            Link
            Last edited by .338LapuaMagnum; 16-04-2018, 09:51 AM. Reason: seems like I can see Google photos, but others can't. T(h)anks for letting me know!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by .338LapuaMagnum View Post
              A lonely AUG enjoying some fine weather after getting her "nails" done
              ...
              Google doesn't let you imagehost AFAIK. Can't see anything unfortunately.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Lerch View Post
                One of these days I'll add an AR10 to my stable



                Picked up a new Boyds stock for my Savage. Painted it and fitted it for the bottom metal and heavy barrel.



                And now it's happily on my cabinet.
                Nice rifle. Had that been one of our dogs, your dinner sitting there would have disappeared almost immediately. Good boy!!
                Last edited by digrar; 15-04-2018, 07:36 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by riderboy View Post

                  Nice rifle. Had that been one of our dogs, your dinner sitting there would have disappeared almost immediately. Good boy!!
                  She knows to wait for treats and leftovers

                  I got out to the range yesterday, got 1.5MOA with 150gr hunting ammo, and subMOA with 168gr match ammo.



                  Pretty happy with the new stock
                  Last edited by Lerch; 16-04-2018, 09:06 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post

                    Google doesn't let you imagehost AFAIK. Can't see anything unfortunately.
                    Really? Pic shows up on my end, anyone else not seeing the image?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by .338LapuaMagnum View Post

                      Really? Pic shows up on my end, anyone else not seeing the image?
                      Nothing here either.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by riderboy View Post

                        Nothing here either.
                        Ditto.


                        123456789pic

                        Comment


                        • Thanks for letting me know...

                          Does this work?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by .338LapuaMagnum View Post
                            Thanks for letting me know...

                            Does this work?
                            Yup!

                            Very nice.
                            Last edited by digrar; 16-04-2018, 01:36 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Yep that works for me too! Very nice. I see them come up for sale every so often around here but the prices are always redonkulously out of reach for me.

                              Comment


                              • Hot damn, I need a minute...

                                And new shorts...

                                The last time I held an AUG I really didn't want to give it back.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X