X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see the Firearms!

let's see your firearms photos.
    here is a couple of pix of some of mine:

Last edited by TheKiwi; 08-10-2017, 07:00 PM.

Nice collection you got there. What make is that lever action?

Comment

try a diff method of photo hosted on photobucket:

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post
        Nice collection you got there. What make is that lever action?
        the lever action is a Henry made 22LR caliber they call Golden boy, brass receiver. Walnut wood, it is a beautiful rifle, I have put a nice scope on it to shoot squirrels and raccoons.

http://www.henryrifles.com/rifles/golden-boy/

Comment

Some oldies. http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Ho...ygeg1.jpg.html

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Ho...arz7d.jpg.html

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Ho...mtmo0.jpg.html

Comment

I love that MG42....nothing like classy!!

you 1919 machine gun, I got to fire one of those with blanks when I was a kid, maybe 9 or 10, at Texas A&M College (back then IIRC) when my older bro attended there, it was all "corps" back then (and I don't mean corpse).
            Last edited by commanding; 16-04-2015, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by commanding View Post
              I love that MG42....nothing like classy!!

It is a original WWII with nazi cartouches. It was a bear to make, It is semi auto closed bolt. Uses a AR firing group. Mistake I made was to get it in a .308 caliber. It is cheaper to buy a .308 conversion than a 8mm conversion. At the time, .308 was plentiful and 8mm was hard to get. The 1919 is also in .308. The 1919 was easier, it is already fires from a close bolt.

Comment

I am not much of a collector and I do not get to go shooting as much as I did before kids and wife's career but I did put together one good rifle for myself and it is a pleasure to shoot. Savage special order shop 112, 30-06 w/ 24" fluted bull barrel. Zeiss glass.

Comment

Ratt, it looks really good. Savage makes a very fine rifle. Why did you choose 30-06?

Comment

The DW-toybox isn't massive in comparison to some, but it's contents are in my opinion very nice and varied.

[Top->bottom]
                    .308 Tikka T3 in KRG X-Ray chassis with Swarovski PV6-24x50P
                    .300 WSM Tikka T3 in MDT Tac21 chassis/MDT Skeleton stock, Minox ZA56-30x56SF
                    Junior shooting .223 Tikka T3Sporter, Nightforce Benchrest 8-32x56
                    .308 Sauer 200 in Custom walnut stock, Swarovski Z6 3-18x50P
                    .222 BRNO Fox in custom Thumbhole stock, Zeiss 6-32x42 scope;
                    7.5x55 K31 manufactured 1950

Last edited by Deltawhisky58; 17-04-2015, 03:42 AM.

Comment

[Final two photos for above post]

Comment

Ratty ...nice long gun mate. Once your kids are grown and the pace slows down, you may start collecting more guns that you "just have to have".

@Deltawhiskey.....thanks for all your photos, you have an impressive group of long guns! photo 2 and 3 are my favs. <drooling down chin>

Comment

Originally posted by Hollis View Post
                          Ratt, it looks really good. Savage makes a very fine rifle. Why did you choose 30-06?

Thanks Hollis. I was convinced after shooting a friend's model 10.

I chose 30-06 b/c as stated, it is hard for me to buy even half of the firearms my heart desires so I settled on one that could do as many tasks as I might need a rifle to do and 30-06 will just plain do everything.

@Commanding: In about 10 years or so when I settle down in one place I imagine they will start breeding in the safe

Comment

here is the Ruger New Vaquero 357 magnum caliber single action (blued) revolver, with it's "old west" holster and belt. (no I never done the competition shooting)

@ Ratty the firearms seem to breed well in the safe if kept well lubricated and clean, no matter if you swear up and down to the wife you will never need to buy another one, they still appear regularly. Odd.

Comment

Working...
                            X