Fitness tracking app gives away location of secret US army bases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kap View Post
    I like that the media has to report on it, further spreading this data. Free press my ass.
    If there was even the slightest bit of thought put in by the military it wouldn't be a story.

Comment

Originally posted by Te Zorro View Post

If there was even the slightest bit of thought put in by the military it wouldn't be a story.

In this day and age, there is no way to get ahead of the game anymore. Something out there will always be ahead.

And we all know this isn't just US military movements that can be weeded out, that goes for any other military that is abroad.

Comment

For a chuckle. Entire military disappointed - Duffleblog.

Comment

Meanwhile in Russian Armed Forces...

Comment

Originally posted by Kap View Post

In this day and age, there is no way to get ahead of the game anymore. Something out there will always be ahead.

And we all know this isn't just US military movements that can be weeded out, that goes for any other military that is abroad.
            Yes but this was pretty basic stuff.

Comment

So, a friend of mine used to serve as a quartermaster for the USN and he said that back then, 20 years ago, they had a comms security group that would monitor for anything transmitting from their ship. Anyone that had a cell phone at that time would be tracked down and shut down in a quick hurry.

I'm guessing that the proliferation of data sending devices these days is pretty much making that sort of reactive response a futile effort.

So my next thought: Should secret facilities harden/dampen the transmission in certain frequencies around their locations? I'm guessing that sort of stuff is done already.

Comment

Working...
              X