Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

world's largest operating amphibious plane makes successful maiden flight in China

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world's largest operating amphibious plane makes successful maiden flight in China

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-42471045

A Chinese amphibious aircraft, the largest in production, has made a successful one-hour maiden flight.
    The plane, roughly the size of a Boeing 737 but with four turboprop engines, took off from Zhuhai airport in the southern province of Guangdong.
    The plane can carry 50 people and can stay airborne for 12 hours.
    It has firefighting and marine rescue duties but also military applications, which could be put to use in the disputed South China Sea region.
    Before anyone points out to the Spruce Goose as the largest...The title says this is the largest current plane.

Beautiful plane. It has props, that makes it easier to love.

Comment

She's a beautiful aircraft. onder how long before it goes into line production, I believe the Philippines has been looking for one.

Comment

Yep, it's sure a beautiful aircraft, waiting for HobbyBoss or Trumpeter to make a 72 scale aircraft, I thought H-4 was the largest?

Comment

Beriev A-40 was greater. But disabled in 1996 becasue of Soviet Union decay and lack of money.

Comment

Originally posted by thounaojamtom View Post
            Yep, it's sure a beautiful aircraft, waiting for HobbyBoss or Trumpeter to make a 72 scale aircraft, I thought H-4 was the largest?
            H-4 is the Spruce Goose I mentioned in my OP. The BBC report I linked also mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by merk666 View Post
              Beriev A-40 was greater. But disabled in 1996 becasue of Soviet Union decay and lack of money.

Yes, A-40 was also mentioned in the link I posted above:

The Russian-built Beriev A-40 Albatros had a wingspan of 41.62m, but only two were fully or partially built. The first flight was in 1986 and the project was suspended.

Comment

Originally posted by pla View Post
                H-4 is the Spruce Goose I mentioned in my OP. The BBC report I linked also mentioned it.
                Congrats t your country, three big new aircraft in recent time, Y-20, C919 and now AG600

Comment

Congratulations to China on the new airframe, saw it the other day on CGTN obviously quite proud of it and fairly so

And in the mid 2020s we might see a joint Chinese-Russian 929 take to the skies

Comment

Originally posted by DasVivo View Post
                    Congratulations to China on the new airframe, saw it the other day on CGTN obviously quite proud of it and fairly so

And in the mid 2020s we might see a joint Chinese-Russian 929 take to the skies
                    It would interesting to see what engine thet will come up with for 929

Comment

Originally posted by thounaojamtom View Post
                      Congrats t your country, three big new aircraft in recent time, Y-20, C919 and now AG600
                      Yeah, that was pretty good for one year. These were projects to get their hands wet.

We will watch for what the young Chinese aircraft engine corporation will come up in the next decade....

Comment

Originally posted by merk666 View Post
                        Wiki says that plane evolved into the BE-200 which is in production. China signed a contract to buy 4 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertKLR View Post
                          Wiki says that plane evolved into the BE-200 which is in production. China signed a contract to buy 4 this year.
                          yes. be-200 is kinda son of A-40, but he is slightly smaller than the new chinese plane.

Comment

Thanks for the post. Very beautiful plane.

Comment

Originally posted by pla View Post

It would interesting to see what engine thet will come up with for 929

Indeed, Russians will no doubt develop their own engine, lets see what China can come up with otherwise they have quite a few options

Comment

Working...
                              X