X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lyn View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBOC-B1cQo

more interesting than any retarded article
    YouTube video for info on military shizz? Please no.

Also, the "Su-57" hasn't flown yet. Just 8-9 "T-50" prototypes that differ A LOT, actually kinda unprecedented in Russian aerospace (how many T-10's were there, before Su-27? 3-4? And the first ones were diametrically different from the later ones)...

Anyway, that article sucks. The Brahmos is huge (P-800 huge) and was never considered for internal carry on any fighter-sized aircraft anywhere, lol. Shitty journalism for sure...

The T-50 has some special missiles for internal carry, like Kh-58UShKE and one would think that'd be more relevant, but I guess not, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by moosefoot View Post

YouTube video for info on military shizz? Please no.

Also, the "Su-57" hasn't flown yet. Just 8-9 "T-50" prototypes that differ A LOT, actually kinda unprecedented in Russian aerospace (how many T-10's were there, before Su-27? 3-4? And the first ones were diametrically different from the later ones)...

Anyway, that article sucks. The Brahmos is huge (P-800 huge) and was never considered for internal carry on any fighter-sized aircraft anywhere, lol. Shitty journalism for sure...

The T-50 has some special missiles for internal carry, like Kh-58UShKE and one would think that'd be more relevant, but I guess not, lol.
      Actually a quick google for me showed that there were 14 T-10 used in the test program.

Comment

Originally posted by The Archwizard View Post

Actually a quick google for me showed that there were 14 T-10 used in the test program.
        Ok. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyn View Post

Freedomkiller?

"Finger" would me more subtle.

Comment

BTW, I just have noticed something.

57 = 35 + 22.

Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by jsilver View Post
              Fongool or Fungule? Or is that only for Sicilian fighter jets?

Originally posted by Euroamerican View Post
              ^---- ha! I thought of the same "italian" word...... A Marine aviator I know happens to use that word a lot.

Hows about Fubar or Fudge....

Never heard that, he most probably is saying "Vaffanculo". An other one liked very much is "cazzo"

(Means: "Go and fuck someones a.." in the meaning of "piss off")

Cazzo here cazzo there...for a puritan American, catholic Italy sounds like a brothel.

Comment

Originally posted by flamming_python View Post
                The thing is is that the Su-57 is not designed for penetrating the airspace of some 3rd world country and bombing them.
                It's designed for airspace superiority over Russia and only the stealth characteristics that are relevant for that role matter.

The US likes to judge foreign hardware by their own needs and requirements. Rather than analysing their forms and discovering their true functions; it writes them off as rubbish.

After 10 years of PAK-FA testing and public development, and as many prototypes I would be suprised if they let some amateurish mistakes go unnoticed. Russia has its own radars don't they?

The serial design is also going to differ from that of the prototypes.

Some points from Captain Obvious.

1. Get used to the media bashing high profile defence projects. The F22 and F35 have put up with it for years. It has nothing to do with anti Russian bias.

2. Given that the aircraft will be exported, chances are it will go up against a third world air force and ADS.

3. Stealth has nothing to do with being a weapon of aggressive invasion. In general, those who see the enemy first, fire first, kill first. This applies over Siberia, Eastern Europe, or any other land mass. The enemy not knowing your exact location and your aircraft, being guided by AWACS or ground radar is a huge advantage when it comes to defending the "motherland.
                The PAKFA not have full aspect stealth, has nothing to do with the cutesy doctrine of being that of a defensive nature. I would make a educated guess that Russian engineers are not at the stage where they can acceptability balance stealth without the loss of too much performance.

Comment

Su-57 "Faker"
                  "Flash"
                  "Fingerer"
                  "Fleshlight"
                  "Finch"
                  "Fennec"
                  "Ferret"
                  "Fulmar"
                  "Fregatidae"

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgor View Post

Some points from Captain Obvious.

1. Get used to the media bashing high profile defence projects. The F22 and F35 have put up with it for years. It has nothing to do with anti Russian bias.

2. Given that the aircraft will be exported, chances are it will go up against a third world air force and ADS.

3. Stealth has nothing to do with being a weapon of aggressive invasion. In general, those who see the enemy first, fire first, kill first. This applies over Siberia, Eastern Europe, or any other land mass. The enemy not knowing your exact location and your aircraft, being guided by AWACS or ground radar is a huge advantage when it comes to defending the "motherland.
                    The PAKFA not have full aspect stealth, has nothing to do with the cutesy doctrine of being that of a defensive nature. I would make a educated guess that Russian engineers are not at the stage where they can acceptability balance stealth without the loss of too much performance.

Fair points I guess.

Comment

What about F-22/ F-35/ B-2 do they have radars on board? Do they keep radio silence during the combat sorties?

Comment

Formaggio xxx...

Comment

Fyedya. Version of name "Fyodor/Fiodor", and fighters codenames during WWII used to be men`s names.

Comment

Originally posted by m0shiach View Post
                            What about F-22/ F-35/ B-2 do they have radars on board? Do they keep radio silence during the combat sorties?

They sure have radars, you can operate a radar in passive mode. Radio silence is also used. They may have alternate means of communication depending on mission and adversary location etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X