Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thounaojamtom View Post
    Hi folks

Nakajima Type 97 KATE B5N2 Japanese Carrier Torpedo Bomber kit is from Hasegawa a rebox of Mania tooling of 70s, but then being dated doesn't mean it is bad, it is sophisticated and holds up till now. Instructions were simple and construction was smooth, just that it needs little filler near the wings. I used Humbrol and Tamiya for the paints.

I rendered the aircraft with heavy chipping to show it has extensive service.

Hope it has turned out ok.

Thanks

thounaojamtom your Kate bomber with weathering looks great!!!!! also your F4 photos which are newer built.

You, sir, must have a large group of finished models stored somewhere? Seriously though I am impressed with your Kate bomber.....I love the old WW2 aircraft fighters and bombers. (and tanks).

I have some photos of some old Japanese wrecked aircraft from a museum here I should find. Mrs. C and her sisters are driving to the museum in a few weeks to see their dad's metal plaque there.
    Can't find the photos of the original aircraft but one photo of an original Jap tank from WW2. ......same museum Fredericksburg, Texas
    Last edited by commanding; 14-02-2018, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• OK, someone please tell me how to stop my decals from peeling off.

I placed them on the vehicle. Then gave the vehicle two coats of spray varnish. And they still come away when I touch it. Grrrr.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
        OK, someone please tell me how to stop my decals from peeling off.

I placed them on the vehicle. Then gave the vehicle two coats of spray varnish. And they still come away when I touch it. Grrrr.
        When I was modeling I would trim the decal close to the printed part

Then paint on some future floor polish where the decal went and let it dry

Wet the decal and apply over setting solution and wait a minute or two dabbing excess water and setting solution off

Then another layer of future and let dry

After that spray the entire kit with a layer of future to seal the decals and base paint for weathering (Washes, Glazes Pinwashes, pastels)

Finally a coat of Dullcoat for Armor

Comment

• Thanks LD. I can see I probably need to do a better job at sealing them after they're affixed.

Comment

• Loving the Phantoms, Tom.

LD, why did you give up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Te Zorro View Post
              Loving the Phantoms, Tom.

LD, why did you give up?
              Moved, Had to dispose of 90% of my posessions

Entire firearms collection
              Models
              Books
              even my truck

Comment

• Man that sucks. I hope you found good homes for all of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Linedoggie View Post
                  Moved, Had to dispose of 90% of my posessions

Entire firearms collection
                  Models
                  Books
                  even my truck
                  Fucking hell. I think giving up my books would be the hardest thing for me. x2 on what TK said.

Comment

• Looking for a little help here.

I'm using an AS-186 compressor for my airbrush. At some point the sprun release valve on the moisture collecter got a battering so it was leaking which means the whole pressure regulater is knackered.

I've just replaced the unit, unfortunately im running into problems. The compressor fits to the regulater with a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter. the regulater than goes out to the hose with a 1/4 to 1/4 adapter, i've got spare bits for those. Unfortunately the adapters have a slight taper and neither one is fitting quite airtight so i've still got a slight leak on both sides.

An experiment using a compressible gasket (okay a cut down servo pad) doesnt seem to make any difference, i cant give it real muscle because the regulater is plastic and the if i strain it too hard it will shred the screw?

So some sort of sealant looke like the most useful solution, any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                      OK, someone please tell me how to stop my decals from peeling off.

you need some decal set - its been about for as long as I can remember - they don't come off again

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/t...ors-decal-set/

testors decal set solution - you need to watch the vids on u-tube

Comment

• Since i havent contributed to this thread for a while i ought to show what im doing

https://imgur.com/3cLr4Sb

Lets see if this works. The last effort of converting the Tamiya model D with spare Dragon parts failed miserably because the Tamiya body donor was so appalingly bad.

I've rebuilt a Dragon Pz 4 D/E body with hand built turret schurzen, hand built gun barrel and recoil gear and reclaimed barrel brake from an old Dragon Pz 4H.

Drivers visor is rebuilt from Dragon Pz 4d to the Bovington Pz4D/F

*Edit* and the picture hasnt turned up so it looks like i'm talking to myself
                        Last edited by Nemowork; 23-03-2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Pflaz DIII, Eduard kit, I don't know why they called it the weekend editions, can't even complete it lol.

Progress so far sure test my sanity while rigging it.

Comment

• Pfalz D III

Comment

• I've always liked the Pfalz even though it wasnt very fast , it looked like a fighter is supposed to look. Maybe due to watching the Blue Max so often as a kid 4:30 movie WABC

Comment

• Originally posted by Linedoggie View Post
                                I've always liked the Pfalz even though it wasnt very fast , it looked like a fighter is supposed to look. Maybe due to watching the Blue Max so often as a kid 4:30 movie WABC
                                I saw when I was young, now did watch the trailer today and planning to watch it soon. Btw those tiger moth german's aircraft are cool.
                                Indoor shhot

Comment

Working...
                                X