Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military Modeling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Started on my new project The De havilland Tiger Moth 1:72 Airfix

    Comment


    • Started on my new project The De havilland Tiger Moth 1:72 Airfix

      Comment


      • Greeting everyone, My Tiger Moth is done, Nice little kits the plastic was bit soft tho, had hard time rigging











        Comment


        • and lastly a wee one, Me-163 repainting an old kits

          Comment


          • Update from Yesterday

            Comment


            • 1:72 scale SuryaKiran of Indian air force
              O!! Boy what a fun building it, there is no great learning than actually scratch building an aircraft of your dream. Firstly if there are any errors on this build I must first say, sorry. This was more of learning experience.
              O!! Boy what a fun building it, there is no great learning than actually scratch building an aircraft of your dream. Firstly if there are any errors on this build I must first say, sorry. This was more of learning experience.

              It wasn't that I don't like the red arrow and make red arrow, I really love them, have seen them and awe me in some airshow I have been. However I wanted to make the SuryaKiran as they came out after a pause of few years. And guess what getting hawk 100+ 1:72 was a daunting task I couldn't get either airfix or italeri, so end up building a one. The major different was the nose. So I completely rebuild it from scratch, lots of sanding I have to say I mean lots. once I got the shape, next was adding details to make it look like Hawk 100+ some other parts were scratch build from styrene sheet. The glue I used was Mr.cement rather than Tamiya cement, seem to work well with styrene sheet. Feel like am a plastic surgeon after making the nose. The pitot tube is from safety pin.


              Next challenge was painting, lots of small lines and shape of SuryaKiran (Sun Ray) masking took me good whole days and rest is paint then masked again, unmasked and then paint again. Decals are home printed.


              Actually was quite worried how it will look like at the end, however am quite happy how it has turned out.









              Comment


              • Wow Tom. You've been busy. Great job on the scratchbuild.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                  Wow Tom. You've been busy. Great job on the scratchbuild.
                  Thanks Boss, Yeah new year is on roll I have to say.
                  First built of the new year still work in progress.






                  Comment


                  • Just came upon this

                    https://youtu.be/OSIH4hl650E

                    Comment


                    • Makes me want to get some RC Grumman Avengers and start dropping torpedoes...

                      Comment


                      • Only if you build a model of Essex class carrier in comperable scale first.

                        Comment


                        • A question. I'm about to give this Iroquois a crack at spray painting on the damaged half of the fuselage I've got. The question is: Do I do a base coat of one of the three colours and spray in the bluetak the bits that are other colours or what?

                          Comment


                          • That's what I'm doing for my Team Yankee vehicles. You can even re-use the blu-tack.

                            Comment


                            • Brilliant, cheers. New to this! Never done rattle cans before, or airbrushes for that matter.

                              Comment


                              • Me neither, but they work rather well. Only problem I've had is that the smaller Tamiya cans don't last as long as I'd like. I've gone through two cans of US Army green to undercoat all my Team Yankee stuff.

                                Also, I thoroughly recommend the "pre-shading" technique of painting the panel lines with black then spraying. Worked really well on the AH-1 Cobras.

                                EDIT: And make damn sure that the local humidity is below 70% or you could end up with a gritty surface from moisture bonding to the paint particles.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X