No announcement yet.

M14/M305 rifle thread- information and discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese companies actually bought the tools and plans for manufacture. So no copyright issues, afaik.

Comment

Scratch that . Apparently Norinco besides plagiarises like hell, umpteen clones also does backdoor supplies of missile tech.
      http://info.hktdc.com/alert/us0311e.htm
      So they got banned.

Reading a bit . Taiwan got tools, Norinco reversed it?

Comment

Norinco reverse engineered the M-14 from stocks captured in the Vietnam war. The main beneficiary was the Communist rebel group New Peoples Army of the Philippines. Shipping it to the Philippines was a failure given that in most attempts it was intercepted by the Navy, the Army or the ships ran aground. if you see images of the Philippine Military Academy parading, those M14s are the original batch of copies that was intended for the rebels and was intercepted. It is done as to mock the Chinese.

As for me i dont care where my rifle comes from as long as it functions flawlessly when i need it.

Comment

That is true

Comment

We ran some round nose through it. Didn't mash the nose. Reasonably accurate 4 inch at 50m w open sights. Maybe get some cheap brass and seat to the lands. Be a really effective hunting rifle then.

Comment

So I acquired a second E2 stock, which included the original folding grip, E2 sling (aka BAR sling with extra hook), and M2 bipod and E2 stabilizer.

Swapped over hardware to my stock, and slapped an old Aimpoint MKIII on there because they're neat as hell.

Comment

I don't care for the wooden grip but its a beauty.

Comment

There's a lot that don't like the pistol grip, but I find it to be the pinnacle of hardwood stocks. Combined with the EBR trigger shoe, this thing is super comfortable to shoot from prone or standing (though a bit hefty).

I've got a second stock that I'm debating if I want to fill with another rifle or sell off.

Comment

Te Zorro 's chum got the 10 round M14 mags in so I've ordered 2 of them. If this works out then I may well throw away the 5 round crappy things. (Or sell them to some other sucker).

Comment

I will also get some!

Tomorrow, when I've been paid!

Comment

I bought four ha!

Comment

Are they the 10 rounders for the AIA Enfield like we get in Canada or actually for the M14 with the detent hole in the front?

Comment

Simplified my M14 by removing the optics and ARMS mount, reinstalling the clip guide, and swapping the old Norinco rear sight with a nice new NM model 😄

Comment

Handloaded some for the Springfield and discovered it has an incredibly long throat. I thought modern Tikkas were bad but this is to Africa.
                              I don't think its a real shooter. Maybe this a factory fuck up?

Comment

Te Zorro . I've not had a lot of joy with the reliability of the feed with the new 10 round mags. So I've taken one to bits and swapped the follower with one from my original Norinco 5 round mags. Feels a hell of a lot smoother. I'm going to take it to the range tomorrow and celebrate Waitangi Day with some volleys of gunfire and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X