M14/M305 rifle thread- information and discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14/M305 rifle thread- information and discussion

This thread is for the discussion/picture posting/salivating of the M14/M305 rifle. If you post any links or interesting snippets I will copy/edit them into this post for easy reference. If you currently own one or have owned one please let me know and I'll add your name to the roll.

ROLL OF FORTHRIGHT AND SENSIBLE GENTLEMEN:

The Kiwi

NZM305

Te Zorro

Lerch

Hildemel

LINKS:

SNIPPETS:
    Last edited by TheKiwi; 21-06-2017, 07:34 PM.

I would like to own one, eventually.

Edit:

Hickok45:

https://youtu.be/y_0hW0p5Nfg
    Last edited by GB_FXST; 08-01-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

T'is a beauty! Maybe some rubber bands around the grip?

Comment

Originally posted by Cherno View Post
        T'is a beauty! Maybe some rubber bands around the grip?
        Haven't really had any issues with gripping it so hadn't even thought about it.

Comment

H2OMan had a bunch of awesome M-14 mods.

Comment

Hmmm. Think I broke mine already...

Fairly sure this doohickey isn't meant to be poking out like that.

Comment

So I did a list up recently on FB as far as what's gone into my Norc, but I'll start fresh here.

That's how I bought it last year, a '94 Norinco M14, paid about $350 and it came with a shitty UTG top rail.

That's it now. Parts list includes;
              -Innovative Industries M14E2 compensator
              -USGI FH w. bayonet lug
              -USGI M2 bipod
              -M14 Medic shims
              -USGI ventilated handguard
              -USGI M14E2 stock
              -ARMS #18
              -Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 w. Leopuld rings
              -Fulton Armory faux selector-switch
              -M14 Medic guide rod
              -Magwedge bolt release
              -Smith Enterprises magazine release
              -M14 EBR trigger shoe
              -USGI M1907 sling

There's lots of parts in there, if anybody has questions about them, ask away.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                Hmmm. Think I broke mine already...

Fairly sure this doohickey isn't meant to be poking out like that.
                Fixed it. The charging handle had popped off the knob on the firing pin thingy. Got a lesson in dissembling and reassembling it too!

Comment

Hey Kiwi, this might help you get some ideas for tinkering;

http://calibremag.ca/five-easy-ways-...r-200-or-less/

The only thing I haven't gotten around to from that list unitizing my gas system.

Comment

Thanks for that. I might have a stab at the trigger mechanism adjustment and see how I go.

Comment

Remove bolt for cleaning. Remove extractor for getting firing pin out. PING! Off goes the extractor spring. I have no idea where it is now. From the violence with which it left, it could well be half way across the Tasman Sea.

Comment

Remove bolt for cleaning. Remove extractor for getting firing pin out. PING! Off goes the extractor spring. I have no idea where it is now. From the violence with which it left, it could well be half way across the Tasman Sea.
                        I thought i was being sexually harassed by some hot woman, turns out some douche hit me in the butt with a spring.
                        Last edited by t3ngu; 09-02-2017, 04:09 AM.

Comment

a too late warning, be really, really really careful in taking down old WWII battle long guns that you don't know much about....BTDT on the taking them down....it is really easy to get messed up and loose parts or not be able to put the thing back together again. Hollis may know how to solve your problem, I don't.

good luck in finding the spring. seriously.

Comment

Did a hunt with a magnet yesterday to see if the spring was anywhere to be found. Sadly the answer was no. Luckily it appears I can buy a replacement for US$6. I can also buy a bolt assembly tool for future use for US$65. So that is the plan now.

From these guys: http://www.treelinem14.com/main.sc
                            Last edited by TheKiwi; 19-02-2017, 12:49 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Did a hunt with a magnet yesterday to see if the spring was anywhere to be found. Sadly the answer was no. Luckily it appears I can buy a replacement for US$6. I can also buy a bolt assembly tool for future use for US$65. So that is the plan now.

From these guys: http://www.treelinem14.com/main.sc
                              Ah the "Spring Dance" also known as the "Pin or Clip Dance". Firing pin springs, extractor pins and springs and feed pawl springs, nothing stops a room of firearm cleaning like a dropped, fired or projected part. LMG return rods and 84mm Carl Gustav front end caps, all things that have the ability to knock teeth out, dent walls or break windows when someone attempts to remove them when actioned and springs compressed.

Comment

Working...
                              X