A400M Atlas News and In-Service Experiences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A400M Atlas News and In-Service Experiences

I created this thread to put in here News and In-Service Experiences. If any similar thread already exists please delete. Search brought no results.

ADA unprepared runway operations in Niger

http://www.defense.gouv.fr/air/actus...-pose-a-madama

Comment

Comment

I saw this thing performing a sharp climb in an airshow before. It was gorgeous.

Comment

I saw one over RAF Honnington...does that count for in-service experience? ;d

Comment

Haha from your point of view, certainly

Comment

Luftwaffe 54+04

Fly-by and Landing @ Nato Days

Luftwaffe 54+01

Engine Start-up and Departure

Comment

Old Video from 2014 about unpaved runway trials, I think it was also posted on MP.net

Comment

Luftwaffe receives first A400M fit for tactical deployments.

http://www.flugrevue.de/militaerluft...nsaetze/708570

The sixth Atlas delivered to LW has imroved self protection systems.

It has a radar warner and an extendable defensive system with chaff/flare dispensers.

All A400M have the DASS is installed in Ulm at Airbus Defence and Space.

Low level flights over hilly terrain can be performed in 150ft altitude during daytime and at 300ft during nighttime.

The development of a fully autonomous terrain following system is fairly advanced according to Airbus.

Paras can be dropped initially in groups of 20 persons from the ramp or side doors.

Tests with 30 paras have already been conducted succesfully, certification is expected soon.

The flight tests continue to gradually increase teh numbers dropped continously from 40 to 58 later on.

Palletized loads can be dropped up to a single weight of 8 tonnes. I.e 24 x 1 tonnes of palletized loads.

Further loads are getting continously certified.

In this newest configuration teh Atlas is certified for operation up to 55° C at sea level.

In the case of battle damage or technical failure the aircaft is also certified to take off and operate with only 3 engines operational.

Comment

A Royal Air Force (RAF) A400 Atlas aircrew gives an incentive flight to U.S. Air Force Airmen at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois on December 12, 2016.

Comment

ATLAS in the Mach Loop (Low level flight)

Comment

Very nice display at RIAT 2016

Another short mach loop vid

Last edited by picanha; 22-02-2017, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Bwahh article about the A400M gearboxes and an available quick fix. It's exactly like I thought. Luftwaffe is to cumbersome to adapt it. Instead they rest on the excuse that it is the error of

others.

The RAF is using this quick fix and flying.

Best comment: A give away that Luftwaffe won't use this is the word "quick"

One does temporary solutions all the time in teh aerospace industry.

What really upsets me are the idiotic journos who don't even know why planes can fly and cars can drive and exaggerate issues all the time.

Comment

Czech and Swiss military could lease up to 13 Atlas from Luftwaffe

http://www.defensenews.com/articles/...m-from-germany

LIMA 2017 Malaysia received its' fourth Atlas.

http://www.janes.com/article/68914/l...er-to-malaysia

Water ingestion tests at EHTW (Twente NL)

Vid in dutch

Comment

Originally posted by picanha View Post
                              ATLAS in the Mach Loop (Low level flight)

Had to do a quick lookup of "Mach Loop"... I got all excited thinking that giant aircraft was going break the sound barrier.

Comment

Working...
                              X