• Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Flight of Airbus A350-1000

http://www.airbus.com/video/video/3225417

Comment

Beautiful plane

Comment

I think so too. An elegant successor for the 346s and 345s.

Comment

Originally posted by picanha View Post
          The Dornier Seaplanes were always known for their excellent handling capabilities on water.
          And they're very nice to look at. Especially the 24ATT. Simply beautiful!

From the ILA 2008

Comment

The first Cirrus SF50 was delivered last week - the first single engined business/personal jet. There were a few different ones in development going back ten or so years but this is the only one that's come to fruition.
            It's an odd looking thing but it's positively pretty compared to some of the others that fell through.

Last edited by gaz; 28-12-2016, 03:30 PM. Reason: Video added

Comment

Flaris LAR 1

Comment

Am not convinced by the LAR 1 to be honest - it's substantially behind Cirrus in terms of development whilst the SF50 already has FAA certification and the primary market of these kinds of aircraft will always be the US. Customers can wait to see if the LAR 1 gets certified in the US or can buy the SF50 now - to me it's a no-brainer but I've been wrong about things before - the whole concept is an emerging market so stuff is going to be up for grabs. People have bought single engine pistons and turboprops for years but single engine jets are a new concept - time will tell if it's something customers will go for.

Comment

Originally posted by gaz View Post
                  The first Cirrus SF50 was delivered last week - the first single engined business/personal jet. There were a few different ones in development going back ten or so years but this is the only one that's come to fruition.
                  It's an odd looking thing but it's positively pretty compared to some of the others that fell through.

The interior looks quite nice.

Comment

^^ I don't doubt that but it's going to come down to running costs.
                    You might get there really fast in your single engine jet but if you can get there a little bit slower but massively cheaper in a second-hand single engine turboprop then I assume people will go for the latter. Plus, the single engine turbprop market has aircraft - PC-12s, TBMs and PA-46s and to a lesser extent the Quest Kodiak - that are all massively established (Maybe not so much the Kodiak), proven reliable, will be easy to get maintained, will carry more people and weight and already have a second-hand market where you can pick up a massively discounted aircraft that's only had one owner before you.
                    As I mentioned before, this is all assumption on my part and I've been wrong before.

Comment

I agree. Don't think it'll sell much but an interesting concept.

Comment

Lufthansa A350 arrives in Munich

Comment

^Those engines are fucking huge!

Comment

Friday I'll have my first flight on an Airbus A380-800(Singapore airlines) from Frankfurt to Singapore Really looking forward to it

Comment

Wow cool enjoy it! I've myself never flown on one. I mostly fly LH from Munich, and when flying from FRA I always get the old 747. Not even the 747-8 ...I'm cursed until I fly Emirates

Comment

I'm in Bali now (paradise more or less). The A380 that took me from Frankfurt to Singapore is just awesome. I flew with a A320neo from Copenhagen to Frankfurt. Nice plane (amazing acceleration during takeoff) but feels like a hardcore track day car compared to the A380 limousine. The A330 from Singapore to Bali was also quite nice. And, Singapore Airlines are absolutely the best airliner company I've ever flown with.

Comment

Working...
                                X