Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilian Aviation

Inside the A380's cabin

Probably the coolest turboprop a civilian can buy.
    Piaggio Aero P180 Avanti II

Comment

Wow!

The Most Luxurious First Class Airlines

Comment

"Small" roll-out of the A350-1000 in carbon look.

http://www.flugrevue.de/zivilluftfah...ackiert/700372

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
          Probably the coolest turboprop a civilian can buy.
          Piaggio Aero P180 Avanti II

I missed this post previously - they might look cool but not a lot of people buy them. Deliveries of new aircraft are way down and the secondhand market is really slow too - anyone who wants a twin engine turboprop gets one of the King Air Models and the secondhand market is awash with them.
          Piaggio released a statement earlier this year that made it sound like they were getting out of the civil market entirely and going entirely military, they were quick to clarify but it panicked current owners who were worried they'd be without spares support. Being honest, I'm genuinely amazed they're still producing the Avanti.

Comment

Favorites:

Comment

Originally posted by gaz View Post

I missed this post previously - they might look cool but not a lot of people buy them. Deliveries of new aircraft are way down and the secondhand market is really slow too - anyone who wants a twin engine turboprop gets one of the King Air Models and the secondhand market is awash with them.
              Piaggio released a statement earlier this year that made it sound like they were getting out of the civil market entirely and going entirely military, they were quick to clarify but it panicked current owners who were worried they'd be without spares support. Being honest, I'm genuinely amazed they're still producing the Avanti.
              They're trying to build an UAV based on the Avanti. But last time I heard anything about that project, was when a prototype crashed during a test flight.

Comment

They've upgraded the Avanti and are now producing the Avanti Evo but it's still not selling brilliantly. The UAV is the Hammerhead, they've got a small number of orders from the Italian Air Force but personally I don't think it'll go anywhere - I have however been known to be completely wrong about such things.

In other news, Dassault delivered the first Falcon 8X today to Amjet in Greece - it's a good looking aircraft.

Comment

In other news, Dassault delivered the first Falcon 8X today to Amjet in Greece - it's a good looking aircraft.
                  Indeed

Comment

The first Cessna Citation Longitude testflew over the weekend. The finished product should be another looker but as far as I'm concerned all aircraft look shitty in primer...

http://txtav.com/en/newsroom/2016/10...s-to-the-skies

Comment

Airbus 10,000 aircraft deliveries and counting

Comment

This is a neat little jet.

Comment

Bombardier's Global 7000 is on it's first test flight - https://www.flightradar24.com/GLEX/b83f974

Comment

Bombardier's Global 7000 is on it's first test flight - https://www.flightradar24.com/GLEX/b83f974
                            Heh.. cool site. Funny following all those aircrafts

Comment

The Dornier Seaplanes were always known for their excellent handling capabilities on water.

Dornier Seastar (NG)

Dornier 24 ATT

Last edited by picanha; 07-11-2016, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X