Retired-U.S. Army Green Service Uniform

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haze99 View Post
    So, after doing away with full-color embroidered shoulder patch's in 2011, they will return with this uniform? Great!

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...he-army-needs/

I was looking at the photo of the new uniforms. It could be an illusion but, are the pants for the female in the middle form fitting?

If yes, I guess...

Originally posted by commanding View Post
    Everything has to do with recruitment.

Comment

UPDATE: https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...apitol-hill-2/

With an eye toward an upcoming final decision on the new uniform, Sergeant Major of the Army Dan Dailey took four soldiers in pinks and greens, along with Army Undersecretary Ryan McCarthy, to a Capitol Hill reception on Wednesday to show lawmakers what he’s been working on. The latest models included an enlisted male uniform and an enlisted female uniform with pencil skirt, as well as an officer’s maternity uniform worn with pants, according to tweeted photos from the event.

*The maternity uniform appears odd to me, guess its the style? (well that and there was no such version in the 1940's)

Comment

Originally posted by BogT View Post

What was the reason behind this choice?
        BogT, as for the Army Service Uniform, it is based upon the formal Mess Dress (in which no shoulder patches were worn on it) So once the Army opted to retire the Green Uniform, the Full-Color Patch's went away and the (Former Wartime Shoulder Sleeve Insignia AKA Combat Patch, was replaced with the Combat Service Identification Badge took its place) However, those are darn pricey! and are worn on the right breast pocket, not right shoulder.

If the Pinks and Greens uniform is approved, the Full-color unit patches, tabs, and 75th Ranger Regt. scroll will return, as shown in the articles photos. We'll see..

Comment

Working...
        X