Retired-U.S. Army Green Service Uniform

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haze99 View Post
    So, after doing away with full-color embroidered shoulder patch's in 2011, they will return with this uniform? Great!

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...he-army-needs/

I was looking at the photo of the new uniforms. It could be an illusion but, are the pants for the female in the middle form fitting?

If yes, I guess...

Originally posted by commanding View Post
    Everything has to do with recruitment.

Comment

UPDATE: https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...apitol-hill-2/

With an eye toward an upcoming final decision on the new uniform, Sergeant Major of the Army Dan Dailey took four soldiers in pinks and greens, along with Army Undersecretary Ryan McCarthy, to a Capitol Hill reception on Wednesday to show lawmakers what he’s been working on. The latest models included an enlisted male uniform and an enlisted female uniform with pencil skirt, as well as an officer’s maternity uniform worn with pants, according to tweeted photos from the event.

*The maternity uniform appears odd to me, guess its the style? (well that and there was no such version in the 1940's)

Comment

Originally posted by BogT View Post

What was the reason behind this choice?
        BogT, as for the Army Service Uniform, it is based upon the formal Mess Dress (in which no shoulder patches were worn on it) So once the Army opted to retire the Green Uniform, the Full-Color Patch's went away and the (Former Wartime Shoulder Sleeve Insignia AKA Combat Patch, was replaced with the Combat Service Identification Badge took its place) However, those are darn pricey! and are worn on the right breast pocket, not right shoulder.

If the Pinks and Greens uniform is approved, the Full-color unit patches, tabs, and 75th Ranger Regt. scroll will return, as shown in the articles photos. We'll see..

Comment

https://www.army.mil/article/212258/...s_in_town_hall

NOTE: Sgt. Maj. of the Army Daniel A. Dailey wearing the new 'Pinks and Greens' at a Town hall October 09th, 2018. (well, we know what he likes!)

WASHINGTON -- The Army's top leaders held a town hall meeting Tuesday to address issues voiced by Family members, including substandard moving companies, jobs for spouses and possible health concerns in older on-base homes.

With a force of more than 2.2 million Soldiers and Families, including nearly 500,000 spouses and over 830,000 children, Sgt. Maj. of the Army Daniel A. Dailey said taking care of all of them is a huge task that requires everyone's help

Comment

gay 10 chars

Comment

https://www.armytimes.com/opinion/co...ys-army-needs/

We support changing the Army uniform to the iconic World War II-style green jacket and tan pants that present distinctive Army identity and reflect an important period of Army history.

And, frankly, the Army needs a little boost in visibility at a time when it is having difficulty recruiting in an environment where only a small percent of service-aged youths is both qualified and interested in military service.

Comment

Needs more badges. Definitely not enough badges.

Otherwise it looks pretty sharp TBH.

Comment

Dear god...please stop the horse shit here. Just let the Joes not have to deal with fronting $1500 to buy more shit.

Comment

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...rvice-uniform/

The Army was able to straighten out its Congressionally mandated notification requirements in time to announce on Sunday, Veterans Day, that the much anticipated “Army Greens” will indeed be your next service uniform.

Formerly known as the “pinks and greens,” the World War II-era officers uniform could go Army-wide as soon as 2020, according to a release that was posted Sunday to the Army’s website but was not shared through any of its social media channels.

*Full Color unit patches will return with the wear of this uniform!

Comment

I like it. The old green one was kinda dull. Does this mean the more recent dress blues are out or will they be for special occasions like the Marines?

Comment

Why do I see ladies singing 1940s tunes when I see this uniform ? And I mean, it's cool and old school in a good way !

Comment

https://www.stripes.com/news/don-t-c...forms-1.556666

CAMP ZAMA, Japan — Soldiers won’t be calling their latest retro-style dress uniforms “pinks and greens,” according to Sergeant Major of the Army Daniel Dailey. “We’re calling them Army Greens,” the top enlisted soldier told Stars and Stripes during a visit Wednesday to the home of U.S. Army Japan. “Pinks and greens is a World War II nickname.”

The Army officially adopted the outfit, which includes pinkish-brown trousers and dark olive jackets modeled on a design worn in WWII, as its new service uniform earlier this month.

Comment

Originally posted by budgie View Post
                            I like it. The old green one was kinda dull. Does this mean the more recent dress blues are out or will they be for special occasions like the Marines?
                            “The current Army Blues Uniform will return to being a formal dress uniform, while the Army Greens will become the everyday business-wear uniform for all soldiers,” the release said.

Comment

Working...
                            X