Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knives Bayonets And Cutting Instruments.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Knives Bayonets And Cutting Instruments.

    Had one on the old site thought I would start one here. Just got this one Gec # 77 with Osage scales.

  • #2
    Let's see them.










    Comment


    • #3



      Comment


      • #4
        1935 Japanese officer sword, on top and a repro on the bottom.

        http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Ho...6nqov.jpg.html

        http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Ho...oefoy.jpg.html

        Comment


        • #5
          I've got one of these;

          http://www.gerbergear.com/Tactical/K...Knife_22-41629

          Comment


          • #6
            Randall model 14 Purchased when a private in 1982. Swedish tool steel blade 8". Had it in Baghdad with me where it slayed the MRE bags and 550 cord like moses parting the red sea.

            Attachment

            Comment


            • #7
              1903 US sword and sheath (found/bought at flea market)


              1917 bayonet, marked US and with British broad arrow (with sheath of leather) (have owned this bayonet since at least 1964, bought at military surplus not long after WWII)
              Last edited by commanding; 17-04-2015, 04:29 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                various edged steel: (the blade 3rd from right is the knife my father in law made and carried in US navy during WWII)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nice set you got there, Commanding

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Attachment 2 more-

                    a Camillus USMC 70's contract combat knife bought in 1977 when I was 14 from Weiss and Mahoney Surplus in Manhattan. I've reparkered the blade 3 or 4 times since. the leather sheath long ago fell apart and I have a nylon sheath made of Pistol belt material for it

                    and a

                    Generic reproduction US M1918 trench knife that I duracoated as an experiment
                    Last edited by Linedoggie; 17-04-2015, 02:44 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      you got a winner in that old USMC knife, that is a real treasure. those old surplus stores were wonderful.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by commanding View Post
                        you got a winner in that old USMC knife, that is a real treasure. those old surplus stores were wonderful.

                        Agreed. I got my first pair of boots in one and later a backpack as a kid. The place was called Bert's Surplus but Bert was long gone.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rattfink View Post


                          Agreed. I got my first pair of boots in one and later a backpack as a kid. The place was called Bert's Surplus but Bert was long gone.
                          Ratty, when I was a kid in boy scouts we used to get 90% of our stuff from an army surplus store in Ft. Worth on north Main. I cant remember the name now, but that is where I got my 1917 bayonet in the early 60s. Now there is a good one here called Omaha Surplus (I think on white settlement road)

                          we used to even buy old WWII radios and electronics there.
                          those old surplus stores had a "smell" about them that was unique!
                          Last edited by commanding; 18-04-2015, 07:49 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by commanding View Post

                            Ratty, when I was a kid in boy scouts we used to get 90% of our stuff from an army surplus store in Ft. Worth on north Main. I cant remember the name now, but that is where I got my 1917 bayonet in the early 60s. Now there is a good one here called Omaha Surplus (I think on white settlement road)

                            we used to even buy old WWII radios and electronics there.
                            those old surplus stores had a "smell" about them that was unique!
                            Slightly off topic but I used to haunt Surplus stores in NYC. I found both a Tanker jacket and later a Reversible Ski Parka from WWII for less than 30 bucks each. I was in Canal Street Surplus rooting around and found a case of Thompson pouches the owner forgot about under a rack of old GI Flannel shirts.

                            The USMC knife was my Boy Scout and Army(like theres a difference) field knife. There are nicks in the blade from attempting to cut field telephone wire of another unit while infiltrating their perimeter one night

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              LD, there used to be a huge surplus store in Galveston Texas, IIRC it was on the Strand, away from the beach. Think it was named the Colonels or some such. The Omaha Surplus in Ft. Worth is pretty good but tad pricey, some good buys though. I think the old one on the northside was called Manning's IIRC. Back in the 60s you could buy nice old bayonets for about $3 each, sleeping bags, entrenching tools fresh from WWII etc. those were the days.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X