Carl Gustav

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Gustav

Just watched this demonstration of Carl Gustav M3 from 1992. First time I've seen it. Like the last part with the HE rounds.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZij3gH3xA

And here's a short video about the new M4.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HYRdoqF9A70

Got a question as well. Does anyone know if there's intelligent sights available for CG already? It's mentioned when I Google it, but I can't find anything specific.

Awesome weapon indeed, had the pleasure of firing a few rounds back in the day. Hauling the older M2 through swamps and thick bush was a pain in the a** though

Comment

Yeah. I actually think our home guard got some M2s still in service(fixed installation defense units). It's incredible how much weight it has lost from M2 to M4.. almost 10 kilos.

Comment

Yes we still have M2's in some Home Guard units, my platoon (motorized infantry) got a couple of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kampen View Post
          Yes we still have M2's in some Home Guard units, my platoon (motorized infantry) got a couple of them.
          You can hope that the army buys new M4's and that you get their M3's. Considering how much the army focus on reducing weight for its dismounted units it's not unlikely imo.

Edit: but on the other side. The M2 is said to be so robust that its continously firing ability, is more than twice as good as the M3. A thing to consider for 'stationary' units
          Last edited by The Dane; 07-02-2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Looking at Raytheon's small Pike missile, one should think that incorporating same concept for guidance on CG should be relatively simple and cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              Looking at Raytheon's small Pike missile, one should think that incorporating same concept for guidance on CG should be relatively simple and cheap?
              The Pike is fin-stabilized, the Goose uses spin-stabilized rounds. The guided .50 cal rounds the US is developing could scale up to the CG.

Comment

We only fired it to illuminate the sky Quite a bang still ...

ps.

... *schön ist das* yes it was ^^

but for me only in Bergen, Germany. But even inside the forest you can see pretty well for 1 minute or so.

Sadly not available for New Years Eve ^^
                Last edited by tluassa; 08-02-2016, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halidon View Post
                  The Pike is fin-stabilized, the Goose uses spin-stabilized rounds. The guided .50 cal rounds the US is developing could scale up to the CG.
                  Yeah. Of course. Didn't think clearly again.
                  But Pike's concept should be scaled up. Maybe 60 mm commando mortars.. ?

Comment

Yeah I'd expect someone to go in that direction.

Comment

It ought to be possible to develop fin stabilized rounds with PLOS guidance to be used in the anti-armour role.

Comment

The m4 ships prepared for smart sights and smart ammunition. The wiring from the trigger assembly, sight and ammo position is already done. Now its only a question of what expo they choose for the reveal of the ammo.

I would bett the easiest thing to do is incorporate the 3P type programmable fuze to the ammo seeing as there is already a laser rangefinder sight integrated in to the platform.

It now weighs less than the m240 which is hilarious for such a capable platform.
                        Last edited by Moose; 09-02-2016, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                          The m4 ships prepared for smart sights and smart ammunition. The wiring from the trigger assembly, sight and ammo position is already done. Now its only a question of what expo they choose for the reveal of the ammo.

I would bett the easiest thing to do is incorporate the 3P type programmable fuze to the ammo seeing as there is already a laser rangefinder sight integrated in to the platform.

It now weighs less than the m240 which is hilarious for such a capable platform.
                          Yes, it should be quite easy to make a 3P fuzed HE round that are programmed by a sight/fire control.

Comment

Just like this 40 mike mike

Comment

Some extra

Comment

Working...
                              X