Unconfigured Ad Widget
Rules and regs, updates and standing orders.
Topics: 3 Posts: 40
Last Post: Site issue on Suspension.
Topics of a military nature
Topics: 946 Posts: 78,116
Last Post: Syrian War
Topics of a Political nature
Topics: 759 Posts: 49,955
Last Post: (UK) May to seek snap election for 8 June
Non military or political topics
Topics: 1,354 Posts: 29,431
Historical topics - military, political or otherwise.
Topics: 573 Posts: 6,818
Pearl Harbor as Seen by a Japanese Fighter Pilot (WW2HRT 1-02)
by Ivan le Fou
Today, 11:14 AM
Military and Civilian Weapons, Weapon Systems, Weapon Platforms, Transport, Load Bearing Equipment etc.
Topics: 229 Posts: 4,029
Last Post: Military Modeling
Topics: 246 Posts: 3,830
Mankind might come from Southern Europe, not Africa
Today, 02:42 AM
A sub forum for budding authors to show of their wares
Topics: 8 Posts: 38
Last Post: Three Way War (A Story in Bosnia)
This section is for "everything else." Non-military related and jokes/humor should be put here. However no obscene or pornographic material is allowed.
Topics: 886 Posts: 39,834
Last Post: Actor Sir Roger Moore dies aged 89
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Inb4 ZeroDarkThirty.Today, 12:38 PM
Throu cultural reformation as its happening now.
Basicaly support moderates to create westernized reformed islam. Combine it with cultural...Today, 12:38 PM
True. But supporting such an all out effort brands one an Islamophobic, xenophobic, bigoted super nationalist/supremacist ableist Hitlerite Nazi.. Hell,...Today, 12:34 PM
Had to be. It's settled science. It's the Russians, only the Russians and no one but the Russians and the mysterious way they "colluded" with...Today, 12:25 PM
Why so defensive, bruh?
You know I love ya!...Today, 12:22 PM
Even if the whole Middle East can somehow magically disappear, what about tens of thousands of islamists, who live in Western Europe? I believe, Ivan...Today, 12:16 PM
Unconfigured Ad Widget
TheMess Forums Statistics
What's Going On
There are currently 290 users online. 33 members and 257 guests.
Most users ever online was 1,513 at 09:43 AM on 23-01-2017.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Concerning posting copyrighted works on the Themess.net message boards:
1. Articles or news stories: Don't copy articles off other websites or other distribution mediums and paste them into posts here. It's important to be a good internet citizen and comply with all copyright laws by only posting the title of the article, a link back to the source, and a small blurb telling what the article is about so users know what they're clicking on. Unlike the previous incarnation of the site, this will be strictly enforced.
- No hotlinking of images, any images posted must he hosted on a third party image hosting site.
- Inserting images that you own or have taken is allowed, however as above these images must be hosted on a third party image hosting site.
- There is to be no insertion of images that you do not hold the copyright to. Post a link to the site with the image you'd like to talk about or share, preferably with a page link so the source image can be seen in its full context.
3. Request for usage rights of copyrighted content that appears originally or only on Themess.net: The copyrights of any text or images posted on this site are owned and are the responsibility of the users who post them. Themess.net staff/webmaster does not perform intermediary duties, and will not contact users on your behalf. If you wish to converse with any users on the message board, you must sign up for an account and use the forum software to "personal message" them. If your copyrighted work has been used on this site without permission, please see the 'copyright agent' section of the "contact us" link on the site's main page for the fasted method for resolution.
General Dos and Don'ts of the message boards:
1. Don't use excessive emoticons in your posts.
2. Don't use profanity.
2.5. Don't direct post gory or graphic images.
2.6. Don't URL link any images containing nudity of any kind. This is a work safe forum. Any user who posts links of images of women who are not fully clothed or in a military uniform will have their account suspended. Any picture where the person is in a suggestive sexual pose is also prohibited.
2.7. Don't post links to terrorist propaganda sites, for any reason. They aren't allowed here.
2.8. Don't post links to terrorist propaganda videos. These can be identified by usually having terrorist organization logos, featuring terrorist themed music, and reading of manifestos or shouting of religious decrees while sniping, bombing, or beheading a victim.
2.73. Don't post threads with TITLES IN ALL CAPS.
3.5. Don't use avatars that go against the wider forum rules.
4. Don't use racial or religious slurs.
5. Don't be a poser. Being yourself is good enough; there's no need to try to be something you're not. If you don't know something, ask and people will respect you for your honesty.
6. Don't hijack a good conversation thread with an off-topic political or flame war. Posts of this nature will be deleted.
7. Don't make multiple accounts for yourself. If it's discovered (it's not difficult) that you have multiple accounts, all of them will be deactivated and most likely your ip subnet banned.
8. Don't post topics with thread titles that don't describe what's in the thread. Examples are: "WTF?" "Please read this..." and "Oh my god!"
9. This site's language is English. Using alternate languages to get around the flaming or insulting rules is not allowed and can earn a ban.
10. Don't make threatening comments against another user, or post personal information about another user. All such posts are fully logged and are forwarded to the authorities where we see fit.
11. Do not post content from other sites without receiving permission. This includes posting more than small excerpts with a link back to the original site.
12. There will be no soliciting allowed in Themess.net forum posts. Do not attempt to sell or advertise anything here. This means in the public forum as well as via private message. If you are not sure if you are in violation of this guideline, ask a moderator.
1. Be civil to your fellow forum user. They'll respect you if you respect them. Treat people the way you wish to be treated and act the way you would over some real world beers in a Service Mess.
2. Browse the introduction thread to better understand some of the people on this forum.
3. There's a wealth of knowledge and experience on tap here via the users on this forum who have served in the armed forces of various countries. Ask lots of questions.
Posts, threads, and users who don't follow these rules run a high risk of being deleted. The first one to start using profanity or insults in an argument loses. If you can't win with intelligence and knowledge, then these forums are the wrong place for you. Themess.net thrives on civil discourse, if you can’t interact with people civilly your access to the site will be terminated.