Unconfigured Ad Widget
Rules and regs, updates and standing orders.
Topics: 3 Posts: 40
Last Post: Site issue on Suspension.
Topics of a military nature
Topics: 933 Posts: 76,512
Last Post: Spanish Armed Forces
Topics of a Political nature
Topics: 725 Posts: 47,592
Last Post: 2017 French presidential election thread
Non military or political topics
Topics: 1,313 Posts: 28,668
Historical topics - military, political or otherwise.
Topics: 561 Posts: 6,527
Last Post: Finland in the Great Northern War
Military and Civilian Weapons, Weapon Systems, Weapon Platforms, Transport, Load Bearing Equipment etc.
Topics: 226 Posts: 3,944
Topics: 242 Posts: 3,776
Last Post: Archeology thread
A sub forum for budding authors to show of their wares
Topics: 8 Posts: 38
Last Post: Three Way War (A Story in Bosnia)
This section is for "everything else." Non-military related and jokes/humor should be put here. However no obscene or pornographic material is allowed.
Topics: 865 Posts: 38,792
Themess.net Music Thread: What are you listening to?
Today, 09:38 AM
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Congratulations to the Saudis. After all,they own it (fund it),or am I wrong?Today, 10:58 AM
I'm kinda proceding off the assumption that conflict starts suddenly as the result of a failed showdown between Russia and the US in Syria. With current...Today, 10:45 AM
Without the doubt. Loosing in Estonia would mean that such scenario will be repeated in Latvia and Lithuania. Only question is how big forces can be allocated...Today, 10:45 AM
Lithuanian Armed Forces don't have MBT, however they are not entirely without heavy equipment. They have recently purchased APCs (Boxer), armoured SPGs...Today, 10:31 AM
1. Russian columns are going to be fair target for NATO aviation as well.
2. Never said partisan warfare is going to stop full geared conventional...Today, 10:28 AM
Decentralized is fair and cool. But you have to regroup your forces, otherwise you leave the initiative, axis of penetration and choice of the operational...Today, 10:01 AM
Unconfigured Ad Widget
TheMess Forums Statistics
What's Going On
There are currently 304 users online. 38 members and 266 guests.
Most users ever online was 1,513 at 09:43 AM on 23-01-2017.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Concerning posting copyrighted works on the Themess.net message boards:
1. Articles or news stories: Don't copy articles off other websites or other distribution mediums and paste them into posts here. It's important to be a good internet citizen and comply with all copyright laws by only posting the title of the article, a link back to the source, and a small blurb telling what the article is about so users know what they're clicking on. Unlike the previous incarnation of the site, this will be strictly enforced.
- No hotlinking of images, any images posted must he hosted on a third party image hosting site.
- Inserting images that you own or have taken is allowed, however as above these images must be hosted on a third party image hosting site.
- There is to be no insertion of images that you do not hold the copyright to. Post a link to the site with the image you'd like to talk about or share, preferably with a page link so the source image can be seen in its full context.
3. Request for usage rights of copyrighted content that appears originally or only on Themess.net: The copyrights of any text or images posted on this site are owned and are the responsibility of the users who post them. Themess.net staff/webmaster does not perform intermediary duties, and will not contact users on your behalf. If you wish to converse with any users on the message board, you must sign up for an account and use the forum software to "personal message" them. If your copyrighted work has been used on this site without permission, please see the 'copyright agent' section of the "contact us" link on the site's main page for the fasted method for resolution.
General Dos and Don'ts of the message boards:
1. Don't use excessive emoticons in your posts.
2. Don't use profanity.
2.5. Don't direct post gory or graphic images.
2.6. Don't URL link any images containing nudity of any kind. This is a work safe forum. Any user who posts links of images of women who are not fully clothed or in a military uniform will have their account suspended. Any picture where the person is in a suggestive sexual pose is also prohibited.
2.7. Don't post links to terrorist propaganda sites, for any reason. They aren't allowed here.
2.8. Don't post links to terrorist propaganda videos. These can be identified by usually having terrorist organization logos, featuring terrorist themed music, and reading of manifestos or shouting of religious decrees while sniping, bombing, or beheading a victim.
2.73. Don't post threads with TITLES IN ALL CAPS.
3.5. Don't use avatars that go against the wider forum rules.
4. Don't use racial or religious slurs.
5. Don't be a poser. Being yourself is good enough; there's no need to try to be something you're not. If you don't know something, ask and people will respect you for your honesty.
6. Don't hijack a good conversation thread with an off-topic political or flame war. Posts of this nature will be deleted.
7. Don't make multiple accounts for yourself. If it's discovered (it's not difficult) that you have multiple accounts, all of them will be deactivated and most likely your ip subnet banned.
8. Don't post topics with thread titles that don't describe what's in the thread. Examples are: "WTF?" "Please read this..." and "Oh my god!"
9. This site's language is English. Using alternate languages to get around the flaming or insulting rules is not allowed and can earn a ban.
10. Don't make threatening comments against another user, or post personal information about another user. All such posts are fully logged and are forwarded to the authorities where we see fit.
11. Do not post content from other sites without receiving permission. This includes posting more than small excerpts with a link back to the original site.
12. There will be no soliciting allowed in Themess.net forum posts. Do not attempt to sell or advertise anything here. This means in the public forum as well as via private message. If you are not sure if you are in violation of this guideline, ask a moderator.
1. Be civil to your fellow forum user. They'll respect you if you respect them. Treat people the way you wish to be treated and act the way you would over some real world beers in a Service Mess.
2. Browse the introduction thread to better understand some of the people on this forum.
3. There's a wealth of knowledge and experience on tap here via the users on this forum who have served in the armed forces of various countries. Ask lots of questions.
Posts, threads, and users who don't follow these rules run a high risk of being deleted. The first one to start using profanity or insults in an argument loses. If you can't win with intelligence and knowledge, then these forums are the wrong place for you. Themess.net thrives on civil discourse, if you can’t interact with people civilly your access to the site will be terminated.